New TC mailing list

From: Peter Cole (carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 03:07:38 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:07:38 GMT
From: Peter Cole <carnivor@flytrap.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com

   For anyone who's interested, I have just started a new
mailing list devoted to home tissue culture - not confined to
carnivorous plants, but with an emphasis on the problems faced
and techniques used by amateur cloners working at home. This is
in no way meant to encroach on the excellent Plant-TC mailing
list which deals for the most part with a more professional
level of tissue culture, whether in research or commercial
production, but should provide a forum where beginners and
amateurs can discuss low-tech (and low-cost,) protocols and
equipment. Anyone wishing to join can do so by sending an Email
to listserv@flytrap.demon.co.uk with no subject and the body of
the Email containing the instruction:

       subscribe cptc-L

The list is available only in digest mode (it's running from my
dialup account, so direct mail forwarding wouldn't make a lot of
difference,) and I hope will prove to be a useful resource for
the increasing number of people interested in and experimenting
with home tissue culture.

Many thanks to the testers who have borne with me while I ironed
out the (many) wrinkles in the listserv software - you know who
you are.

           Happy cloning,

                       Peter