Re: N.madagascarensis

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 09:56:16 PDT

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:56:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N.madagascarensis

Frank Wolpert wrote:

> ...I have also been growing a N.mad....The plants receive about
> 2 hours of morning sun...normal bathroom humidity as well as
> being sprayed with a fine mist twice a day.
>
> I have found that this is a slow grower.

Ditto about the slow growth. I've had two plants from tissue
culture and they're very slow to put on new growth compared
to many other Nepenthes. They even had small red pitchers-
I believe they were quite healthy. I've heard comments from
other people about N. madagascariensis being a slow grower.

All of these people obtained it from one tissue culture source.
Maybe the particular clone that is being propagated is slow.

Anyway, I didn't find mine very satisfying to grow so I gave
them away recently.

Regards,

Perry Malouf