Re: Mold/Enquiry

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 03 1997 - 13:45:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 03 Jul 97 16:45 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Mold/Enquiry

> From: Alastair Robinson <Rob_@COMPUSERVE.COM>
>
> Secondly, is anyone aware of a suitable means (eg. product, beari= ng
> in mind that I'm in the UK) of removing the black, sooty mould which has
> recently plagued my Nepenthes collection - that is, besides wiping down t=
> he leaves as this would be too great a job and impractical on certain
> specimens...
> Thank you for your time and trouble!

Hi Alastair,

   Umm, I use water from a spray bottle to wash off the mold. But I
have never seen mold on the leaves themselves and would think the humidity
is too high, or that the air is not moving enough... When it does show
up, it forms mostly on the peristome in the nectar or where the nectar
has dripped.

Dave Evans