black scourge

From: Rick S. (rickjobs@gte.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 20:26:24 PDT

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 20:26:24 -0700
From: "Rick S." <rickjobs@gte.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: black scourge

What is black scourge?

I have a VFT. I have noticed on this one, and on a previous one that the
trap will sometimes turn black when it has closed on a fly or other
insect. Could this be something other than black scourge?

This is the first VFT that I have had any amount of success with. It
continues to grow and add more "arms," or whatever they are called. I
may be a novice, but I've wanted a VFT for quite a while and don't want
to do this one in. I transplanted it from the small nursery container to
a small glass fish bowl with peat moss.

Thanks

                        Rick