Drosera hybrids

From: Gilles Lardy (lardyg7@cti.ecp.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 15:13:42 PDT

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 00:13:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Gilles Lardy <lardyg7@cti.ecp.fr>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera hybrids

Hi all,

Just coming back from holiday (Ivo, I've made plenty of pictures of P.
vulgaris, leptoceras and alpina, which you should get soon...), I noticed
one message about the hybrid between D. burmanii and D. sessilifolia. Does
anybody know which drosera species can be crossed ? For example, what would
happen if the D. burmanii was crossed with a temperate species like D.
intermedia, would the result of the cross produce hibernation buds ?
Same question with Pings, can temperate species be crossed with subtropical
ones ?

Thank you for your help.

Gilles