Re: N.ramispina

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 15:53:10 PDT

Date:          Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:53:10
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: N.ramispina

Dear Alastair,

> This is more directed at Jan, I guess, but anyway...

More directed at Matthew and Martin, I assume.

> In light of the revisions made by Martin in the 'Skeletal Revision of
> Nepenthes', am I correct in assuming that it is hereby "safe" for me to
> re-label my "N.gracillima" as N.ramispina, as it is clearly the species
> indicated, being of the G.Ulu Kali/Semangko line (and having highly
> branched spurs as well as pubescent midribs...)?

Yes, I think you may re-label your plants (i.e. if you follow the
species concept of the revision). I am not entirely sure if all
plants can be assigned to one of the names without trouble but at
least several distinct specimens seem to exist.

Kind regards
Jan