Physan

From: dragon@huron.net
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 11:36:13 PDT

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:36:13 -0400
From: dragon@huron.net
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Physan

A few words of caution in regards to Physan:

     My personal experience with that product is unfortunately negative.
If the water/Physan 20 mix is too strong (less than recommended ratio
per the instructions), the Physan will actually burn the Sarracenia
leaves and create pock-marks in the foliage. Much like severe acne for
CPs! We have used it on Orchids in the past with mixed results.
     I am presently using a product called Funginex 6.5, which appears
to be conrolling the fungi much better, but over saturation will result
in the same burning effects. The burning also seems to be more
prevelant during sunny and hot, dry days. Do your spraying on overcast
but warm days, otherwise its Clearasil for CPs!!

     Nigel