Seed Temperatures

From: Pavlo2@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 30 1997 - 11:52:10 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:52:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pavlo2@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seed Temperatures

     Just a quick question. For germinating seed, is it better to have a
constant temperature, or is it okay if the temp fluctuates? I was just
wondering, cause I can get much higher temps outside... but if I do put my
seed outside, they will experience about 15-20 degree temp fluctuations.
 But, I can keep them inside, where the high temp will only be 78. Also, if
I have my seed under flourecent lights, about 6-7 inches, will that burn
them. That's all for now. Thanks

Ryan