Pyrethrin spray

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 1997 - 11:25:46 PDT

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:25:46 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pyrethrin spray

Hello all,

I have personally used Schultz's pyrethrin spray on my lowland neps
without any lasting effects. This was used straight out of the bottle,
without dilution. A few of the old, and new pitchers were 'burned' and
eventually shrivelled and died, as well as the older leaves, but the
plants didn't miss a beat. I was very generous with the spray, soaking the
foliage and then rinsing it thoroughly after a few minutes. The pests that
were eradicated were thrips, scale, greenfly, and red spider mite. Hope
this helps someone.

Paul Burkhardt