Sarracenia alata

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 04:36:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:36:31 +-100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia alata

A little bit of revenge for all the Brits who have to put up with tales of
CPs that can be found in your local Home Depot.

My local B&Q has a decent quantity of CPs for sale at ?2.99. There
are three types - some very lush VFTs with quite large traps, some
Drosera adelae - lots to a pot but looking a bit sad and lacking mucilage
on the leaves, and 'Sarracenia Hybride'. There are also more expensive
bowl arrangements including the VFT and Sarracenia but with what looks
like the white flowered Drosera capensis instead of the D Adelae. Yes,
they have all been watered with tap water, which is very hard where I live.

For those desperate enough to sit for a whole hour in the hope of a
glimpse of Nepenthes, Channel 4 has a programme about Indonesia tonight
at 21.00, supposedly with a good coverage of the wildlife (including plants)
of Indonesia.

NigelH