New Member

From: Mark T. Bachelor (bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au)
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 15:54:03 PDT

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:54:03 +1000
From: "Mark T. Bachelor" <bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New Member

Greetings All,
                my name is Mark Bachelor. I am a biology technician at
Melbourne Girl's Grammar where many of my CPs feature as part of the lab decore.

I first started growing Sarras about nine years ago as an experiement to see
how they would cope in a school lab. My previous attempts at growing CPs
had been restricted to VFTs which I had always lost during winter. After
the success of my first Sarras I start to build a small collection.

A little over 3 years ago I found an article in an old magazine that gave a
contact address for VCPS and I wrote to them seeking a source of native
Utrics. The late Rob Brisler invited me to join VCPS and took me under his
wing, supplying me with many of my best plants.

Thanks to Rob my collection now comprises not only representives of the
Sarra species, but an increasing variety of Sarra hybrids, various VFTs,
Drosera (including pygmaes & tuberous), Utrics, Cephalotus, Darlingtonia
(which don't do well), Pings, Nepenthes and now a Heliamphora, all of which
spend at least part of the year in either prep labs or classrooms and most
of which also spend part of the year growing in the open.

Regards,

Mark Bachelor
Melbourne Girls Grammar School
Victoria, Australia
Regards

Mark T Bachelor
Biology Technican
Melbourne Girls Grammar School Voice: 9866 1676
South Yarra, Victoria, Australia Fax: 9866 5768