Re: CP, etc.

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 17:02:05 PDT

Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 17:02:05 -0700
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP, etc.

Paul V. McCullough wrote:

> cuttings...) I'm also thinking of moving d. adelae babies outdoors for
> the summer. (Does it get cold in the parts of Australia where this
> sundew originates? I know it gets cold in southern Australia...)

 Paul,

 This sundew grows in tropical Queensland, and hence the tempratures
are nearly always warm. This area only experiences two "seasons",
the wet and the dry. During the dry it is warm and dry, and during
the wet it is hot and humid :-) Not a nice place to be during that time
of year. The area where D.adelae grows is classifed as wet tropical
closed rainforest.

 I don't think you'd be able to maintain D.adelade outside, but then
again I don't know much about the climate in the USA either :).

Hope this helps,

        -Russell

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !