Bog garden update

From: Susan St. Maurice (susanstm@netgen.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 08:08:49 PDT

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 11:08:49 -0400
From: "Susan St. Maurice" <susanstm@netgen.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Bog garden update

This spring, I asked how to set up a bog garden. Several people replied
with lots of useful information. I wound up filling a whiskey barrel
about 3/4 full of a sand, peat, and spahgnum mix. At the Flower Show in
Boston, a vendor was selling nice pots of Sarracenia. I bought 7, and
planted them in the barrel, which is positioned under a downspout to
capture rainwater.

Well, they're all doing beautifully, putting out pitchers like crazy.
One even bloomed.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help, and for an interesting list.
Now I'm going to concentrate on my orchids and finches.

Can anyone send me instructions on how to unsubscribe?

Best regards,
Susan