A Nepenthes Question

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 12 1997 - 21:38:41 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 00:38:41 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: A Nepenthes Question

Hello Fellow CPers,

I have a question concerning nepenthes. I thought I'd post this to the
list in hopes of getting an expert opinion instead of consulting one of
my books and risk killing my plant.

I have an N. Gracilis growing in a 20 gallon aquarium tank in my
bedroom. The top is partially covered to keep the humidity up and gets a
nice misting from the spray bottle once or twice a day. The plant has
numerous 2 inch pitchers at regular intervals (nodes?) and is about 14
inches tall from the media to the growth point.

It is starting to outgrow the tank. Can I take a cutting yet? Where do I
do this? Can I stick the cutting in water in order for it to root or
should I make up another pot and plant it? How about using Rootone?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated! I will do nothing until I get
some sound advice. The N. Gracilis is one of my first neps and I don't
want to kill it!

Stuck inside a forest of D. Binata,
Mark Pogany
markp@crscms.com