Re: How to kill pests

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Aug 14 1997 - 20:02:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 14 Aug 97 23:02 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: How to kill pests

> I noticed this morning little green pests (about 1/2 mm long)
> on my D. Capensis flower stalks, then I looked all the others plants
> and realized they had spread all over the pot.
> They remain on the plants, not on the soil.
> Vincent told me they were aphids.

You can use soap to kill these. Simply take a spray bottle, fill
the bottom with water and add a drop of dishing washing soap. Spray
all all the plants, wait a minute and wash the plant down with clean
(pure) water. All aphids will be dead. This works on spider mites
too, but they move around more and hitting them all is nearly
impossible.

Dave Evans