Re: Skeletal Revision of Nepenthes

From: Alexander Salomon (asalomon@erols.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 1997 - 07:16:08 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:16:08 -0400
From: Alexander Salomon <asalomon@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Skeletal Revision of Nepenthes

Madeline Groves wrote:

>Just to update everyone on the above paper. Dr. Cheek posted it
>through my e-mail address so if you have any further enquiries please
>direct them to him at M.Cheek@rbgkew.org.uk

>If you did not order a copy from him after his original posting then
>I'm afraid there are NO copies left. I know that he did state there
>may be spares if people did not claim their copies, but it was
>oversubscribed from the beginning. You can order Blumea, but I don't
>know where from.

Copies of this edition of Blumea may be obtained from the Netherlands.
The price is 50Netherland Florins postpaid. It may be purchased by
Eurocard or Mastercard, removing the need for currency exchange.(
Currently 1 Netherland Florin= about 45 cents US).

Address your email to zoelen@rulrhb.leidenuniv.nl
The person's name is Mrs. Marnell van Zoelen.
Delivery time was about 10 days from placing the order.

As for the journal itself, I found it interesting but it is certainly
not for everyone. A beginner would be better off spending the $20-25 on
a book on cultivation/care. This is a taxonomic work with a few line
drawings but primarily descriptive text regarding the presently
recognized species of Nepenthes. If this interests you, it is certainly
an excellent reference. If not or if you are looking for photos, try one
of the other books that have been described on this list.

Alexander E. Salomon, M.D.

Address: 540 N. Piedmont St. Phone: (703)276-9430 (H)
         Arlington VA, 22203

E-mail asalomon@bigfoot.com