Nep again

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 09:31:23 PDT

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:31:23 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nep again

Hi all

I asked how Neps can crawl on the trees, and the answer Perry gave me tells me
that I have to give more details. No, I don't speak about the tendrils ! On
some pictures, ow, I've forgotten the name of the site, but you can access to
it from the site of Mr Murevarn in Finland, and I think I've put a link to his
page on my own site (happy surfing to all, sorry...)

Well, you'll find a site where someone (sorry for forgetting his name !) made
a journey in Malaysia and took a lot of pictures of Neps. There you can see a
nep growing AROUND a tree, the vine is climbing vertically along the tree and
the leaves grow in 'circles' to fix the plant around the tree ! This is what I
would understand, how the Nep can follow so precisely the tree.

Laurent
http://www.dvddd.com/CP