Re: Pollination and Seedpods

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 18:15:03 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:15:03 -0700
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pollination and Seedpods

Matt wrote:

> I pollinated my dionea (VFT) and it has produced seed pods. How do I
> know when to take them off the plant?
> also:
> Does anybody know how to pollinate Mucosa Pudica (Sensitive Plant).
> Its flowers have ALOT of pollen, but no stamen that I have noticed.
> How the heck do you pollinate a flower with no stamen!!!! :)

 Matt,

 With the VFT's, the seed pod will turn black, and you'll be able to
see the shiny seeds very easily. The old flower parts will gradually
shrivel away to expose them.

 Sorry, can't help you with Mucosa though....

Hope this helps,

        -Russell.

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !