Sensitive Plant pollination

From: Zachary Kaufman (zkaufman@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 14:01:40 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:01:40 PDT
From: "Zachary Kaufman" <zkaufman@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sensitive Plant pollination

> Topic No. 13
>
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 16:41:18 +0000
> From: Matt <drake@erols.com>
> To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
> Subject: Pollination and Seedpods
>
> I pollinated my dionea (VFT) and it has produced seed pods. How do I
> know when to take them off the plant?
> also:
> Does anybody know how to pollinate Mucosa Pudica (Sensitive Plant).
> Its flowers have ALOT of pollen, but no stamen that I have noticed.
> How the heck do you pollinate a flower with no stamen!!!! :)
> Thanks

Take a small water color paint brush and gently flick it across the
pollen three or so hours after the flower has opened. If all goes
well you should see a small cloud of pollen go into the air. Seed
production should follow.

The flowers on these plants do not last long. At best I would say
you have a five hour window in which to pollinate them.

Good luck,
--Zachary--