Offending FAQ extracts and Darlingtonia bog

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 10:19:46 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Offending FAQ extracts and Darlingtonia bog

1)Apparently some points in the CP FAQ are a bit abrasive. In my next
revision of it I will take this into account and smooth out the rough
points. Thanks to all for the constructive suggestions!

2)The owners of the Darlingtonia bog in California have decided to opt for
a 100' set-back, on a voluntary basis. This is mostly a result of the huge
number of FAXes and letters that piled in at the phone number at Redding!
I am very pleased that so many people on this list got as involved as
you all did. Perhaps in the future we can see more of this kind of
internet activism! Warm fuzzies all round.

Cheers

Barry