Repotting Nepenthes

From: Steve Heggood (heggood@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 05:20:28 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:20:28 -0000
From: "Steve Heggood" <heggood@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Repotting Nepenthes

I have several nepenthes that have been in the same pots,
mostly 4-6 inch ones for about 18 months. I think it is
time to consider repotting due to the fact that I use tap
water, my mix is probably beginning to deteriorate, and
some of the plants are outgrowing the pots.

I'd be interested in some opinions. Is it better to slip the
ball out of the pot, and put it into a larger pot retaining the
original ball as the core of the new potting, or risk root
damage by gently rinsing the media from the root ball
to the bare root and repot.

Keep 'em Stayin' Alive,
-steve-