Sarracenia

From: James Tovee (106361.2125@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 1997 - 08:49:25 PDT

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 11:49:25 -0400
From: James Tovee <106361.2125@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia

        I have two new plants. One is labelled formosa, the pitcher is th=
same shape as I would expect from the formosa hybrid. The pitchers have a=

white head as on a minor and are upright like a minor. I am wondering if
this is a self pollinated seedling from formosa and is favouring the mino=
grandparent. =

        The other plant is called Lynda Butt. It is upright with a whitis=
hood and red edge. The hood undulates like leucophylla. It does remind me=

of x mooreana. Does anyone know the parentage of this clone.
        The formosa plant has small flower bud about an inch long, while
another two flavas have open flowers only six inches high. These flower=
often come in the autumn even while the plant has ripening seed pods on i=
t.
The flower stems are very prone to rotting in the winter.

        Jim Tovee =