A Mystery CP that is Native to Texas, USA!!!

From: Joe & Justene Harden (joeharden@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 1997 - 20:16:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:16:13 -0500
From: Joe & Justene Harden <joeharden@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: A Mystery CP that is Native to Texas, USA!!!

Hello..My introduction to the group is a little overdue, mainly b/c I
didn't know what to say, or didn't have anything to say...but that has
changed.
I live in Texas...were it is not easy to grow ANY Carnivorous Plants. I
have 2 terrariums and 2 makeshift outdoor greenhouses (a tomato cage
with a clear cleaners bag over it). In total, I have several pitcher
plants (S. purpurea), possibly a S. Flava, 2 mutt Pitcher plants, 3
VFT's, some suffering sundews, A Nepenthes Gracilis (happy as a clam so
far). I have been playing around with CP's for about 2 years, and still
got a lot to learn.
I work in a wholesale nursery -- we grow nursery stock for many
landscapers and retail nurseries in Texas. I have many resources for
fiddling with CP's, but it has been useless since I need higher
humidity, which is being worked out....
However, something has come up that is driving me crazy...I have found a
CP that is Native to Texas, and grows wild in my parents back
yard...They are getting buggy b/c I keep visiting them daily to see
them. I finally got married and such, and got time to sit down and take
a few pictures, which are now on my web site...
the direct link to the web page with the pictures is at...
 http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/9815/mystery.html

Everyone, please check this plant out, and give me some input if you
can. Everything I know is at that page...and thanks in advance.

No offers for buying the plant will be considered YET. There are only 3
dozen at this area. Cultivation information needs to be figured out
first, which I plan to do starting this weekend. 1/3 of these plants
will be dug up and potted, given variable growing enviroments, etc etc.
to see what works.

Email me with any ideas. Thanks y'all!

Joe Harden