Updates to CP Database and Request for Image submissions

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 1997 - 16:44:59 PDT

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:44:59 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Updates to CP Database and Request for Image submissions

Dear Haaken,

I have just installed 12 new Pinguicula images into the CP database
at http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home

The images include Pinguicula cyclosecta, P. debbertiana, P. ehlersiae,
P. laueana, and P. macroceras and were submitted by Oliver Gluch.

> I would not mind supply images to the database at
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home
>
> I think this is a good place to go when you have a plant you want to
> identify. But I would like more images for that.
>
> I think if Rick would send the request on this group he would get many
> answers.

Thanks for your offer to contribute to the CP database.

New submissions are always appreciated. I've put some guidelines on
the CP database homepage under the highlighted link "submission guidelines".

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/html/submit.htm

The basic idea is to either email me your mime/uuencoded image or send me
a web address of where I can find your picture. Then you need to supply
me with information about your image giving the name of the plant, date,
horicultural details, etc. The submission guidelines show the format that
is most easily digested by my installation scripts.

Alternatively, you can take a look at one of the existing HTML photo
pages. You should be able to make a copy of one of these from your
browser "view source" command, and then edit it up to suit your own
images. You can then mail me the custom web page along with the image
and I'll link 'em into the DB.

If you've got a bunch of photos, or have some slide shows, or some other
special info to submit, please write me at walker@opus.hpl.hp.com and
we can discuss how to best coordinate the transfer.

I'd like to make the CP DB into a stand-alone CDROM, but the coverage of
photos is still quite spotty. If anyone wants to fill in images for the
more rare species, please let me know!

Best regards,

--
Rick Walker