Re: ALL RED VFT? Is that good?

From: John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 16:40:50 PDT

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:40:50 -0700 (MST)
From: John Walker <jorwa@syspac.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: ALL RED VFT? Is that good?

At 12:40 PM 9/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Oh, I didn't know all read VFTs ONLY grew in Mr. Sung's facilities.
>Apparantely two of them jumped out of their pots, stood up on their
>roots, and ran away to reside in two of my pots outside. :)
> I have 2 ALL RED (NO GREEN AT ALL ON THE PLANTS) VFTs. And it
>isn't the amount of light, either. They are outside with numerous
>"normal" green VFTs, and are the only two that have the blood-red
>color throughout.
> Now that I know that these VFTs are worth $95 I think I will have
>them insured and locked away in a safety deposit box (complete with
>artifical lighting) :)
> Or better yet, maybe I will use TC to clone them and offer them
>for trade or reasonable prices....
> Any thoughts? Or are my two small all red VFTs really greenies in
>masquerade? :)
I'm getting more than a little tired of the bashing Mr. Sung is taking in
this thread. He has a few plants that he claims to be "all red "dentata"
vft (NOT all read vfts as mentioned above). It seems that the writer(s) did
not bother to carefully read Mr. Sung's posting to the group. I have no
idea if what he claims to have is legitimate or not. It really doesn't
matter. If you don't want one DON'T BUY ONE! If you do want one, then pay
the price. Supply and demand in action. If and when they are more
commercially available, they will cost less, just like computers, VCR's,
etc. have all come down in price. If Mr. Sung can't sell the plants at his
current asking price he will have to reduce the price (very likely). While
I will not be purchasing any of these "special" vft's in the near future, I
do applaud Mr. Sung for not attempting to "patent" the plant and in being
very open to selling to others that might wish to tc the plant for
commercial production. What more do you want him to do?...give away a plant
that just *might* be the next big vft variation?

Off the box,
John in Phoenix