Re: REQ: Help with re-potting Venus Fly Trap

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 05:48:23 PDT

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: REQ: Help with re-potting Venus Fly Trap

Fernando,

>container to my father for safe keeping because I went on a
>two week holiday.

I HATE leaving my plants for vacation... I always wonder what will be dead
upon my return?

>When I came back (last week) I found most of the leaves had
>died (gone black) and even though the moss was well wet (my
>dad assured me he watered them every day to make sure the

What kind of water did he use?

>plants look sick and neither one of them has spawned a new
>leaf in over a week, when it usually takes just a few days
>for a new leaf to appear especially at this time of the

If there is something in the peat (don't suppose he fertilized them while he
was at it?) then you should either flush the peat with LOTS of fresh
rain/distilled water or perhaps you should just repot them again?

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS
tkhayes@mail.microserve.net