Re: cp's for N. CA

From: RSbra123@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 27 1997 - 20:52:10 PDT

Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 23:52:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: RSbra123@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: cp's for N. CA

> A week or so ago I posted a message asking for ideas on what cp's can be
> grown in a bog garden outdoors in northern Calif. No one answered. Is
there
> anyone on this list that can help me w/ this? I already have a
> Darlingtonia, a S. alata, cape sundew and a purpureaxflava. Thanks for any
> help.

I live in the SF Bay Area and I guess the climate is similar to yours in
Humbolt, only a little warmer and drier here. Similar low temps, though.
Outdoors I grow all species of Sarr, Cephalotus, D. binata, D. capensis, D.
intermedia 'cuba', D. regia, D. adelae, D. dichotoma 'giant', D. aliciae,
D.occidentalis, VFTs, Darlingtonia. Most should be ok in a bog, though I
never heard of Ceph in one. Also outdoors I have D. peltata (which needs a
dry period so no bog) and N. khasiana (no bog). I'm going to try leaving
some N. ventricosas outdoors this winter.
Ron Sbragia