coloration of vft's

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 29 1997 - 02:21:01 PDT

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 05:21:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: coloration of vft's

Hey Gang! Bri from Fl. here.....I've been on countless trips photographing
vft's in their habitat and i've noticed many genetic coloration differentials
in the wild...I've seen dozens of wild vft's , all growing in the same exact
lighting situations.{direct sun,little shade},that exhibited different
coloration..All green albas growing right beside intensely red forms,and even
some in between with barely any coloration at all...Obviously this plant has
a broad array of genetic differences.I like the TRUE albas myself....You
could blast these babies with Xenon tubes, and they'll still remain a nice
yellow-green.<g> I've got a feww intensely red ones too. A little sun, and
they have intense coloration,shade them and they get green.Hope this is of
help....Brian. P.S. I lost my email somehow regardi ng the availability
of Ibicella and Roridula...Please respond again.....Thanks!!