Re: Niche Concept

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 07:09:07 PDT

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Niche Concept

> Dear All
>
> I am writing a paper on environment niche concept and would like to
> include some CPs into this. Does anyone know over two species of CP
> which inhabit the same local area and are of the same genus. This
> would help me greatly as specific examples always give life to
> scientific texts.
>
> Yours
>
> JoHn

I believe that the presence of multiple species in the same local area is quite
common. For the Sarrs., I have found psittacina, lueco., flava, and rubra
within a fifty foot square. The same applies to aquatic/semi aquatic utrics
and the common American Drosera (capillaris, intermedia, and filiformis). I
don't look for Pings as much, but I am sure others could confirm the same for
them.

Tom in Fl.