Re: Physan

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 10:55:42 PDT

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 13:55:42 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Physan

Hi !
I do not know where to obtain Physan in your part of the world
but be careful:
In my experience it kills Utricularia just as fast as it kills
algae and moss (even at very low concentrations: I only used it
to wash of the algae from the outer surface of my clay pots)
I did not find it very good fungicide either.
Kind regards
Jens

Jens, Thanks for your advice. As I'm not a Utric person, I really could not
comment on this, but for people who are, Be Careful!!!. I use Physan as a
general greenhouse disinfectant and for killing algae and moss. It seems to work
really well for this. I will be careful on using this product on sensitive CPs.
                     Charles