Re: VFT Question

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@presys.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 1997 - 11:05:22 PDT

Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 11:05:22 -0700
From: Doug Burdic <dburdic@presys.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT Question

Hi Carl and All,

In growing VFTs for almost 30 years, I have yet to be able to self
fertilize this species. I've read reports on this list of others that
did, but have no idea how they would have done it without using
colchcine or some other chromosome doubling method. It has always
required two genetically seperate individual flowers to produce seed for
me....just my own experience here.

Take care,

Doug