Re. John's question on Nep hybrid

From: Necropsy69@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 13:00:42 PDT

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 16:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Necropsy69@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re. John's question on Nep hybrid

Hey John,
A plant that has grown too large for its container does not normally get
harmed. Eventually the stem bends accross the top of the terrarium, and the
stem becomes arched so the plant can fit in the container. But, it is always
best to stick the plant in a larger container. Aside to this, you can cut the
stem back a couple inches to make room, and the plant will automatically send
up new shoots, and you can use the section of the stem you removed for
propagation. That's what most people do, and it results in more plants, which
can be used for trading/selling. A

About your question on whether you can move it out of the terrarium and onto
a window sill, I would not suggest you do that. Most nepenthes require high
humidity, and a window sill simply cannot provide that type of humidity. Some
of the smaller species, however, can be placed onto a window. Well, I hope
this helps ya. You can e-mail me for more information.

Good luck
Behrad <Necropsy69@aol.com>