Re: Nepenthes not pitchering (was 'Re. New member')

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 18:06:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 15 Oct 97 21:06 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes not pitchering (was 'Re. New member')

> From: Andrew Bate <cp@ASTILLA.DEMON.CO.UK>
>
> from the plants - this gives off a very intense white light. As well
> as this, the plants are sprayed twice daily and every two weeks with a
> weak solution of 'Phostrogen Acid' (for acid soil loving plants)

Hello Andrew,

    I think that last bit could be your problem. Some people have
reported Nepenthes don't pitcher when given too much fertilizer. I
use fertilizer on mine (mostly on the leaves), but not more often
than every six weeks. It's better to feed them, but the fertilizer
does help. If it is the fertilizer, the plants will take some time
to pitcher again. I wouldn't fertilize again until some pitchering
starts up.

Dave Evans