Re. New member

From: Necropsy69@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 00:28:15 PDT

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 03:28:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Necropsy69@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re. New member

Paul wrote:

>I've found that another factor in nep growth and pitchering is light. I
>get better growth and pitchering when I increase the light intensity.

True, light does effect the pitchering of most nepenthes. What you wanna do,
Griff, is to keep the highland species under about a 13-14 hour photoperiod,
and the lowlands under a 18 hour photoperiod. This also helps in increasing
the humidity. Also, check for alphids and fungi. IF there is a green film
over the medium, it's possible that it is fungi that is causing the delay in
pitcher growth.

Good luck once again.
Behrad