Thank you

From: Victor Fernando R. Ocampo (griffin@pworld.net.ph)
Date: Sat Oct 18 1997 - 11:05:40 PDT

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 02:05:40 +0800
From: "Victor Fernando R. Ocampo" <griffin@pworld.net.ph>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Thank you

Hullo again,

**Long Message alert!**

        There were so many responses to my query on uncooperative Neps.,
especially off the list. I'm sorry if I can't thank each one personally.
Thank you for being so nice! Here are a few thoughts/responses for the
CPdigest that I thought I'd share:

1) Yep, just because I live in the tropics doesn't mean I can grow
every tropical species. Within the Philippines are at 4 climactic zones
classified by length of dry season and amount of rainfall, within this
are also many microclimates whose zoning is primarily based on altitude.

2) Thank you for the media suggestions. I have a vague idea what perlite
is. I'm sure we don't have any here. Does any one have any suggestions
on an alternative perlite-type medium?

3) Also on the matter of media, why is it that every country where
there's a CP enthusiast have a source for peat and peat moss? I've
bugged every nursery I've been for a supply and all I've received in
response are twenty variations of "duh?" Is there such a thing as a
peat/peat moss alternative. Is it possible to make sphagnum moss tea
instead (now there's an idea for a new Dreyer's ice cream flavour).I use
a chemical called "black water extract" to make the water of my aquarium
more acidic. It's supposed to be a "peat water substitute". I've not had
the huevos to use this on my CPs. Any comments?

4) After much consideration and reluctance on my part, I have removed
all hammers, saws, pickaxes, baking soda and steamed or baked tomatoes
near my CPs.

5) Also, for the record my city is spelled M-A-N-I-L-A (as in the
envelope); my country is spelled P-H-I-L-I-P-P-I-N-E-S (one "L", 2 "P"s
in the second and third syllables; please direct any complaints
regarding the difficulty in spelling to the folks at Washington D.C.,
as they came up with it. The Spaniards originally called our islands
"Filipinas")

That's all. Thank you and Mabuhay!

Griff