dormancy requirments

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 29 1997 - 15:12:42 PST

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:12:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm@eskimo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: dormancy requirments

Hello Folks,
        What are the dormancy requirments, if any for D. arcturi and D.
stenopetala please? I have them out doors, exposed on S.E. facing wall.
Plenty of rain and temps in the mid 40's to upper 50's. Light is what can
be expected for our local overcast gloom. They were doing really nice,
even bloomed. (no, seed was not obtained:-(. ) Now they look in about the
same sad shape as my vfts who are doing the normal routine dormancy
preparations. I am curious if they (the D.) are going dormant or towards
death?
        Thanks!
        Andrew