Re: Insect/fungus Spray

From: Randall Palmer (sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us)
Date: Sat Nov 01 1997 - 10:28:12 PST

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 13:28:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Randall Palmer <sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Insect/fungus Spray

Haven't had problems with Malathion for bug control. One tablespoon of
sink dishwashing soap two tablespoons of cooking corn oil in one gallon of
water, is a cheep substitued. It will take care of fungus and bugs above
ground.

        When putting one tablespoon of baking soda alone with the other it
makes the ground basic. I have deducted that the reason my CP's were
turning orange was the alkaline play ground sand. The baking soda took
care of and made the sand good to provide drainage when mixed with peat or
spagnum moss. In the past there was a commercial about the dishwashing
liquid disolving the oil from the dishes, the reason it is in the oil/soap
mixture to disolve the oil in the gallon of water, besides it makes most
of the bugs run. Also the corn oil coats the vein lining and won't let
the fungus penatrate.

Randy Palmer
sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us