Fertilising H.heliamphora

From: Russell Elliott (elliott@nexus.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 00:25:05 PST

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:55:05 +1030 (CST)
From: elliott@nexus.edu.au (Russell Elliott)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fertilising H.heliamphora

Hi All,

 I have a Heliamphora heterodoxa that is growing *extremely* slowly. It is
in with some highland Nepenthes that are growing healthily. At the moment it
is producing juvenile pitchers that are about 1.8 (18mm) in height. The
pitcher openings are to small to drop insects or fish food into, so I was
thinking about fertilising it with a dilute solution of fish emulsion.

 Since these plants are still comparitively rare and expensive in Australia,
I don't want to lose it! If I can (should??) fertilise it, what dilution
rate should I use? The standard dilution is 500 Ml per 10 litres.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

        -Russell

! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director, !
! Australian Carnivorous Plant Society. !
! Sorry, due to limited stocks, seed only available to members. !
! mailto:elliott@nexus.edu.au !
! Please Direct membership enquiries to Brian Denton at: !
! mailto:bdenton@camtech.net.au !
! ACPS Home Page: http://www.camtech.net.au/acps !