Re: home depot plants

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 11:42:28 PST

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:42:28 -0500 (EST)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: home depot plants

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Susan Ziegler wrote:

> The only cp's I could find at Home Depot when I went there were VFT's.. I
> did buy one with fairly red traps.. (which I since nearly killed). I was
> not impressed with the selection, which may have been due to the newness of
> the store. Is Home Depot the only national chain which carries Carniverous
> plants?
>
> Susan

Each Home Depot region has its own suppliers list. And in fact, each Home
Depot store can bring in any item that the buyers think will sell well.
They then share this information with other buyers from other stores in
their area. Consequently, the CP selection at any particular store depends
on what vendors are set up to do business with HD in that area and what the
buyers are purchasing. If a vendor has only vft, then the stores will carry
only vft if any CPs at all. If a vendor has 20 different CPs available,
then any store in that area MAY have more of a selection. Ask to see the
buyers for the store in your neighborhood and ask if they can get a better
selection of CPs.

Franks Crafts and Garden Supplies also carries CPs sometimes. In this case,
each store buyer checks a list of available plants (bi-weekly list) and
chooses what to carry. Again, ask for CPs in a wide selection of species.
The worst that can happen is for the buyer to say no.

- Carl