Nepenthes fertilization quandary

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 16 1997 - 22:30:42 PST

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 01:30:42 -0500
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes fertilization quandary

Hello all!

Lately I've begun to amass quite a collection of neps (both lowland and
highland) species and hybrids (thanks Brian!). Anyway I've read ALOT
about whether or not neps grow better when fertilized. Has anyone on the
list actually done analysis on nep soil in the field?

Dilute Miracid? Peter's? I found little vials of something called
"jungle juice" at the greenhouse supply store. Can anyone who has done a
controlled experiment with rooted cuttings from the same parent to see
if any benefits result please post a message concerning this.

I'm wondering if nice big juicey petstore crickets are better than
artificial fertilizers!!!

Keepin 'em growing,

Mark Pogany
markp@crscms.com