growing Darlingtonia

From: James Aldridge (jaldr@onramp.net)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 19:11:05 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 03:11:05 GMT
From: jaldr@onramp.net (James Aldridge)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: growing Darlingtonia

I have a cobra lily I bought at Home Depot growing in its original =
sphagnum moss
(some of which appears to be alive). The moss is giving birth to a lot of=
 small
fly-like insects and the cobra lily has two pretty pitchers. It's growing=
 under
a 1 liter beaker where the pouring lip allows for some air exchange. =
Light is
mostly from some fluorescents and nearby windows. The temp during the =
winter
will be 55-60 degF. I water the plant with distilled water when the =
sphagnum is
still moist.

I've read that the cobra lily can be tought to grow. Does this seem like
reasonable culture?

Thanks for any pointers.

Jim

James Aldridge - Fort Worth, Texas, USA