RE: Bugs eating my Sarracenia's

From: wOb (wOb@chez.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:45:56 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:45:56 +0100
From: wOb <wOb@chez.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Bugs eating my Sarracenia's

Peter Lowden[SMTP:peter_lowden@clear.net.nz] wrote:
> I've got some black little flys that like hanging around some of my plants.
> One of my Sarracenia's lost several flower buds, and upon pulling them out,
> I found little magots on the ends of them, and they had rotted. This
> concerns me quite a bit. Does anyone know how to get rid of them, and what
> impact it will have on my plant?

I've used an insecticid called 'bio kill' in France on my Sarracenia
and it appeared to be harmless for the plants (except for Drosera)
but deadly for all those damn pests.
'Bio kill' contains 0.25% pyrethrins.

I got rid of a pest infection with this insecticid.
All my plants were affected (Sarracenia, VFTs and Drosera) and the
only plant who suffered from the treatment was my nice Drosera
Capensis that almost died (it looks healthier now :), phew! ).
I had no other Drosera at that time so I dunno what effects it
could have on them....

I hope this helps...

Happy frowing to all.

--