RE: Live Sphagnum - What do I DO with it?

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 09:28:38 PST

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:28:38 -0500
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Live Sphagnum - What do I DO with it?

Matt,
I keep all of my CPs in pots outdoors. I grow sphagnum on all of the
surface area surrounding the plants in the pots. I've been told that it
helps to acidify the soil. In addition the live moss helps to prevent
the soil from getting blasted out of the pot by hard rains. It looks
nice, too -- my red VFT looks 10 times better against a background of
bright green sphagnum than against dark peat.

Hope this helps,
Phil
URL du jour: http://www.phonespell.org/