Belgian CP Society Drosera

From: Guy Van Der Kinderen (Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Sun Nov 30 1997 - 23:54:00 PST

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:54:00 +0100 (MET)
From: Guy Van Der Kinderen <Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Belgian CP Society Drosera

To all those concerned,

        Very recently, some changes took place at the 'top' of vzw.
Drosera, the Belgian CP Society. Three members of the directional board,
who played an important role in the development of the society, have
tendered their resignation, including founder and chairman Freddy De
Coninck. As a passionate CP-lover, he made our society known, also outside
Belgium, and brought CP's closer to the public. This was mainly achieved
by the organization of international CP-exhibitions in Gent (three up to
now), the exploratory part of which being used to support several other
European exhibitions eversince. This exploratory survey of CP-world (which
will also be part of the exhibition next year in Bonn), has been worked
out by the eminent CP-ologist Dr. J.-D. Degreef, assisted by Christian
Breckpot. Chris also stopped his activities as the editor of our journal.
During seven years, he managed to produce a substantial journal, which is
not an easy task. Finally, and in addition, Luc Janssens gave up his work
as a secretary of the society. He also did a fine job, struggling with the
paperwork and publishing the newsletter.

        We thank the three of them for the seven years of work they've put
in vzw. Drosera, and wish them further delight in CP-growing and
-studying, as they remain member of the society. By now, the three
pioneers have been replaced, and the aim of their successors will be at
least to continue the work they've started. This already, is a challenge.

        Because of his resignation, Freddy asks everyone concerned, to
send all mail regarding society-matters to me in the future (as I will
follow him up as a chairman), or to the registered address of our society,
as indicated below. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Guy Van der Kinderen
Chairman vzw. Drosera