Re: howdy, and some ?'s...

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 16:42:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 04 Dec 97 19:42 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: howdy, and some ?'s...

> While browsing through a pet shop (I have a VERY spoiled blue-fronted amazon
> parrot named Lawrence,) I saw several types of "water purifiers" used for
> aquariums. Many of them say that they remove chlorine, flouride and heavy/
> toxic metals from ordinary tap water. My question is; is the water
> "purified" using these additives safe to use on CP's? I'd hate to lose any
> of my babies just to satisfy my curiosity!

Hello b.

   I really doubt you can purify water by adding stuff to it...
The problem CPs have with most tap water are the minerals which are
present in the water. These can then build up in the soil and in the
plants themselves until they reach harmful levels which start weaken-
ing the plants and promote fungus.
   I would guess that these additives would add even more mineral to
the water so they probably will not do the job.

Dave Evans