RE: Terraria

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 08:54:00 PST

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:54:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Terraria

>From Tim Williams

>Could anyone offer advice on how to prevent a tropical-fish aquarium, =
>used as a CP terrarium, from developing an unpleasant-smelling bottom =
>layer?

Hi Tim,

If you add a layer of charcoal to the bottom and then add charcoal to
what mix you use on top, that should prevent odor problems. My cp
terrarium has been set up for about 6 months and has not had any odor
problems. I have a small fan inside that I turn on periodically that
probably also helps in keeping the mix aerated thus reducing odor
problems.

David