introduction

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 21:03:10 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 21:03:10 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: introduction

Hello!
My name's Matt. I'm a 25 year-old born again CPer from New York. I was
heavily involved with CPs up until about 7 years ago when I
went away to college. At the time, I had a very nice
collection of S.American and African Drosera which I was
growing indoors under lights. I also had a lot of other
plants which werent in general cultivation at the time, including
Drosera graminifolia and Genlisea violacea. I'm glad to see that things
have really changed since then.
Anyway, a friend and I created a bog in his backyard where we had a
large collection of Sarracenia and other N.American CP. When we
went away, we donated most of those plants to the local
botanical gardens. I also gave many of my plants to a friend for safe
keeping. I went from a 20 x 10 gallon aquarium setup to a single 10
gallon terrarium which now contains Cephalotus, D.hamiltonii,
D.glabripes, D.binata multifida,
 "D.sp.4", "D.sp.Brazil" (which I would love to identify)
and of course D.spathulata which is definitely immortal.
I just repotted everything and am looking to start up a
very small but nice collection of rare S.American and
African Drosera, Heliamphora and a few odd species.
Im looking forward to contributing to this list as much as possible.
Please feel free to email me at any time! Im also looking for some
clean Heliamphora and tropical Drosera seed, the more unusual the
better!
Happy Growing!
Matt