Grow CP in tropical country

From: Rachmat Hidajat (rachmat@tambora.parokinet.org)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 15:42:47 PST

Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 06:42:47 +0700
From: Rachmat Hidajat <rachmat@tambora.parokinet.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Grow CP in tropical country

Dear Cp'ers,
I'm new to this list.
I just bought a venus fly trap (tissue culture) in Singapore. I have
taken it out from the bottle, planted in media as recommended by the
supplier, and wrapped in a plastic bag for about a week. But just in
one day after I took off the plastic bag, the plant rotted and died.
Now I'm very upset. To be better prepared next time I need some
advices from you all. I have a couple of questions:
1. Is it possible to grow CPs in tropical countries, with hot
(24-33C), humid climate all year long, since (some) CPs need a
dormant stage for a couple of months or so in a year?
2. Any suggestions for growing CPs from seeds? It would be very
expensive to send a living plant to here, and sudden climate change
may kill the plant.
Thank you for all suggestions and helps.

Rachmat Hidajat <rachmat@parokinet.org>
Surabaya, INDONESIA