Re:wintering droseras

From: Michael A Sankovich (aquilla2@juno.com)
Date: Fri Dec 26 1997 - 20:37:22 PST

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 23:37:22 -0500
From: aquilla2@juno.com (Michael A Sankovich)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:wintering droseras

Ryan,
        My experience with these two species is that D. intermedia will
survive in subfreezing temperatures if kept moist. Mine do well
overwintering outside and covered with snow. On the other hand D. adelae
is a tropical and mine have always been hit hard with freezing temps.
They seem to come back from roots but are severely stunted. My
suggestion is to keep some actively growing through the winter and
starting more plants from cuttings in the spring.

Michael A Sankovich