Neat book on CP

From: starbird@sj.bigger.net
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 07:35:06 PST

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 07:35:06 -0800
From: starbird@sj.bigger.net
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Neat book on CP

Hi all:

I just bought a book on CP Culture.
It's called "Carnivorous Plants of the World"
by James and Patricia Pietropaolo. It's about
the size and thickness of an Ortho or Sunset
book, has lots of good photos, and a lot of
drawings. Easy to read, and a lot of good
information about many types of CPs. And,
I like the cover. It's pretty neat. I think
they did a good job.

I bought it at Rod McClellan's acres of Orchids
in South San Francisco, which, sadly enough, is
going out of business for good in February. A
wonderful place to visit.

Still waiting for the City of San Francisco to
repair the Victorian Greenhouse in Golden Gate
Park. I used to visit it a couple times a year
to see all the Nepenthes. They must have had
50 huge hanging Nepenthes plants there. Really
cool, too.

The other alternative is to visit U.C. Berkeley
Botanical Gardens, which has a good CP collection,
or California Carnivores up near Healdsburg.

---Steve